Date of Last Revision: December 18, 2008.
2. INFORMATION COLLECTED AND MINEEDS' USAGE OF IT
MiNeeds offers a number of services that do not require you to register for an account or provide any personal information to us, such as MiNeeds Search. In order to provide our full range of services, we may collect the following types of information:
Information you provide
· Detailed Search: You may utilize MiNeeds personalized listings and services, to browse, conduct detailed search, and view Mi Needs listings and services delineating your search data and defining your specified search.
Registration: When you sign up for a MiNeeds Account, service, or promotion that requires registration, we ask you for personal information, including but not limited to, email address and an account password. When you use MiNeeds services, our servers automatically record all functionality you utilize on MiNeeds, including but not limited to, viewing an offering, performing a search, placing a bid, sending an email. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request. MiNeeds may also collect information about you from other sources, such as newspapers, publications, articles, power-point presentations, photos, videos and other uploaded documents and/or multimedia in order to provide you with more useful information and a more personalized experience.
· Profile: You may set up your personal profile, form relationships, send messages, perform searches and queries, form groups, set up events, add applications, and transmit information through various channels. We collect this information so that we can provide you the service and offer personalized features. When you update information, we usually keep a backup copy of the prior version for a reasonable period of time to enable reversion to the prior version of that information.
· Mi Needs: You may create Mi Needs and receive bids by defining your needs of services, professionals, events, products, thereby providing personal information.
· Mi Offerings: You may utilize MiNeeds personalized listings services and create your own web page/space/offerings delineating information about yourself or your business, including but not limited to, mi Business Philosophy, mi Skill, mi Practice, mi Services and rates, mi Business hours and location, Education and Awards, Contact Information, Publications, Newspaper Articles, Pictures and Videos, plus other file attachments, thereby creating Mi Offerings and place a bid on a need (service or product), thereby delineating personal and business information and data.
· Mail: You may send email or other communication to MiNeeds and/or MiNeeds Users/Providers; we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services.
· Account: You may purchase products and services provided by MiNeeds, including but not limited to, MiNeeds Get Filmed!, Marketing package, and Bidding package. For certain services, such as our advertising programs, we process all payments via PayPal. MiNeeds does not save any credit card information the user enters. PayPal handles all payment details. We may combine the information you submit under your account with information from other MiNeeds services or third parties in order to provide you with a better experience and to improve the quality of our services. For certain services, we may give you the opportunity to opt out of combining such information.
· Other sites
MiNeeds Usage of Information you provide
o Providing our products and services to users, including the display of customized content and targeted advertising;
o Auditing, research and analysis in order to maintain, protect and improve our services;
o Ensuring the technical functioning of our network; and
o Developing new services.
· MiNeeds processes personal information on our servers in the
4. SAFE USE OF MINEEDS
MiNeeds takes reasonable precautions — including administrative, technical, and physical measures — to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft, and misuse, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
It is your responsibility to provide accurate and complete personal and/or business information. You choose what information you put in your profile, including contact and personal information, pictures, interests and groups you join. You can help us by also taking precautions to protect your personal data when you are on the Internet. Change your passwords often using a combination of letters and numbers, and make sure you use a secure web browser.
Choices for personal information
When you sign up for a particular service that requires registration, we ask you to provide personal information. If we use this information in a manner different than the purpose for which it was collected, then we will ask for your consent prior to such use.
If we propose to use personal information for any purposes other than those described in this Policy and/or in the specific service notices, we will offer you an effective way to opt out of the use of personal information for those other purposes. We will not collect or use sensitive information for purposes other than those described in this Policy and/or in the specific service notices, unless we have obtained your prior consent.
You can decline to submit personal information to any of our services, in which case MiNeeds may not be able to provide those services to you.
Children under the age of 13
MiNeeds does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to or on MiNeeds. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information as soon as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Children between the ages of 13 and 18
We recommend that minors over the age of 13 ask their parents for permission before sending any information about themselves to anyone over the Internet.
MiNeeds only shares personal information with other companies or individuals outside of MiNeeds in the following limited circumstances:
· We have your consent. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
· We provide such information to our subsidiaries, affiliated companies or other trusted businesses or persons for the purpose of processing personal information on our behalf. We require that these parties agree to process such information based on our instructions and in compliance with this Policy and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
· We have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or (d) protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of MiNeeds, its users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We may share with third parties certain pieces of aggregated, non-personal information, such as the number of users who searched for a particular term, for example, or how many users clicked on a particular advertisement. Such information does not identify you individually.
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, as well as physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data.
We restrict access to personal information to MiNeeds employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our services. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
MiNeeds processes personal information only for the purposes for which it was collected and in accordance with this Policy or any applicable service-specific privacy notice. We review our data collection, storage and processing practices to ensure that we only collect, store and process the personal information needed to provide or improve our services. We take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we process is accurate, complete, and current, but we depend on our users to update or correct their personal information whenever necessary.
Accessing and updating personal information
When you use MiNeeds services, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your personal information and either to correct this data if it is inaccurate or to delete such data at your request if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes. We ask individual users to identify themselves and the information requested to be accessed, corrected or removed before processing such requests, and we may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required. In any case where we provide information access and correction, we perform this service free of charge, except if doing so would require a disproportionate effort.
MiNeeds regularly reviews its compliance with this Policy. Please feel free to direct any questions or concerns regarding this Policy or MiNeeds's treatment of personal information by contacting us at email@example.com through this web site or by writing to us at Privacy Matters, c/o MiNeeds Inc.,
Changes to this policy
If you have any additional questions or concerns about this Policy, please feel free to contact us any time through this web site or at Privacy Matters, c/o MiNeeds Inc.,